A yummy vegan and lower fat version of an Italian favourite; this herby risotto is so rich and flavoursome thanks to the addition of the nutritional yeast, you would never know it was cheese-less! The combination of the herbs and lemon zest really lifts the flavour to make a delicious and healthy dinner.
- 300g Packet of arborio rice
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1L Vegetable Stock
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely chopped
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Flat Parsley
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- ½ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Cups Chopped Green Beans
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan, on a medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot add the chopped onions, with a pinch of salt and stir around as the onions start to fry.
- Once the onions starts to turn translucent (after around 4 minutes), add in the garlic and stir around for another 2 minutes.
- Now begins the repetitive process; add the rice and mix around the pan to ensure every grain has been coated by the oil, and add then add the stock; aronund a ladleful at a time, adding another once the previous has been absorbed by the rice.
- After about 10 minutes of the ladling process, add the chopped green beans, lemon zest and the nutritional yeast to the pan.
- Continue with the ladling process until all the stock has been added and absorbed and the rice is tender (but still with a bit of bite – this should take around 20 minutes).
- At the end of cooking, add the chopped herbs and stir in to ensure that they are evenly distributed throughout the rice, cook for a further two minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Plate up, eat up!!