This rice salad is a great way to use up left over rice, to make ahead of the week for quick on the go lunches or alternatively as a flavoursome side salad addition to a BBQ. I’ve used tamari in the salad, which is a darker, more intense version of soy-sauce and most importantly, (more often than not) is wheat and gluten-free. All flavour and no nasty side effects!! Perfect!
Serves 4 as a side salad
- 3 Cups Cooked Basmati Rice
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Cup Frozen Petit Pois
- 1 Cup Chopped Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Seasame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Cold Water
- 1/4 Cup Tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Chop the red pepper and baby spinach.
- Place the petit pois in a small bowl and pour over boiling water, ensuring they are all covered. Leave for 5 minutes and then drain.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the rice, petit pois, chopped spinach and red pepper.
- Blend (I used my nutr-ninja) together the rice wine vinegar, water, tamari, sesame oil, peanut butter and sweet chilli sauce.
- Pour the dressing over the rice and vegetables and stir around to ensure everything is coated by the dressing.
- Dish up and enjoy!