A very simple, seasonal and satisfying soup, which is ideal for an autumnal hearty lunch or dinner.
What’s not to love?!
The smoked paprika and sage really pep up the pumpkin flavour and with the nutritional yeast adding a good dose of umami, this is a fail safe soup recipe that I am sure you will love!
- 1kg Pumpkin
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tsp Sage
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 600ml Vegetable Stock
- 200ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and chop the pumpkin into 1 inch chunks, place on a baking tray and cover with olive oil, salt & pepper and sage. Place in oven and bake for around 25-30 minutes (until browned).
- While the pumpkin is baking, peel and finely dice the onion and crush the garlic cloves.
- Once the pumpkin has baked and is nicely browned, place a large saucepan onto a medium heat, with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic and smoked paprika. Cook for around 4-5 minutes (until the onion has turned translucent).
- Add the pumpkin into the saucepan, stir around before adding in the vegetable stock and almond milk, bring to the boil for 5 minutes before turning the heat down to low.
- Cook on a low heat for 20 minutes, add in the nutritional yeast at the end of the 20 minutes, stirring to make sure it has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool, pour into blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with warm (GF) bread or oatcakes.